View Single Post
Old 07-28-2011, 08:53 PM  
Yil
Too much time...

Isn't [resolve list] really useful? My first attempt at ioYil duplicated that functionality entirely in TCL and it was rather annoying getting all the mountpoints right, finding all entries across merged filesystems and making sure the first found controlled the permissions, etc. It worked but was slow and prone to eventually diverging from how the internal resolver worked...

If you intend to work on your userfile tool let me know if there's something that would make your life easier. I've got a list of "optimizations" on my TO-DO list that I've been adding to for a while that could increase the server speed substantially and one of those was to provide a hint field to the userfile module which would indicate what portion of the userfile was updated. That may not mean anything if you just copy all the fields every time or deal with the complete file itself, but the vast majority of the time only the stat/credit fields are updated and thus there is no need to check/update the normally static portions of the userfile. This would help the server itself skip checks for hostmask changes, etc which trigger internal updates but it would also mean things like nxMyDB wouldn't have to do that either. This will necessitate changing the dll user module interface in one or two places as well... The other "feature" this would enable would be logging userfile changes to a new logfile which would have a simple 1 line entry for file up/down stat/credit changes and another for full check needed. The idea here would be a new ioGUI replacement would have up-to-date userfile data by just applying the changes from the logfile as they appear so you wouldn't have a reload userfiles button or something like that or have to scan all the userfiles all the time. However, you could just read the stream and apply the changes locally and forward them to another site if you wanted... If you think that would help let me know and I'll take a 2nd look at the idea.
Yil is offline   Reply With Quote