View Single Post
Old 07-28-2011, 07:49 PM  
o_dog

well, storing them might be a good idea so you get them on resolve list. Only thing it would be really good for as far as i can see is rescan though, or if a sfv file is being uploaded after files, i store them in the .ioftpd file now. As for comaprison of downloaded files, i have no idea what good it would do since most things have to be handled on other side of the connection.

for tcl storing the crc values or updating it rather? it's needed for rescan purposes. link the [crc32] to update the field for the file, otherwise things might not turn out all that well. This is really needed before rolling it out since it might mess things up for people.

My main problem right now is that i moved away from locks to stats using [resolve list ...]
This however does not contain information for the file being uploaded, it's all zeros. Might be a good idea since otherwise it would present a problem with people seeing filesize but not being able to access the file before the script release it. But some way of getting the info in same format for the file uploaded as [resolve list ...] would be nice.

Downloading of partially uploaded files would be nice too. Didn't like it before but starting to warm up to the idea.

As for nxdb:
Was actually thinking of finishing the script i was writing for syncing the user dbs through a mysql db. This is really a better way of doing it in my experince, since nothing at all is dependent on a module, and each site operates totally indivdual. I actuallly think the script i wrote works. It just copies the userfiles/groupfiles to a mysql db and sync fileds over sites that are connected. can transfer credits with a 20s delay or something which is something people would have to live with. It also stores stats for the individual sites.
How well it works at the moment is hard to say since i never used it on any larger scale. I don't even know what the interst of something like that would be.

Last edited by o_dog; 07-28-2011 at 08:03 PM.
o_dog is offline   Reply With Quote