Thread: ioNiNJA
View Single Post
Old 04-10-2014, 07:36 AM  
mantonio1965

Quote:
it depends on the symlinks.
It happens when uploading MP3 in a folder where nothing is in there yet and with a brand new emtpy symlinks folder. I tested exactly this to narrow the reason for this and wiped out all symlinks collections before uploading to a fresh folder and it happens not matter of that even on the first upload when there is nothing there and no symlinks, which is strange.

Quote:
If it's TV for instance, a proper or repack would produce it.
I'm referring to MP3. And no matter of the section -PROPER- or -REPACK- tag in folder name should not create a symlink identical to the one without these tags. In fact the symlinks would be similar but not receive a (0) or (1) etc. which indicated dupes.

Quote:
If a symlink is already available with the same name and still valid it would create a new symlink with %symlink (number).
I also supposed this. But, if the existing symlink and the symlink about to be created point to the exact same target, wouldn't it make sense to drop the creation instead of creating lotsa dupes? I think, check and compare the target of the existing symlink agains the target of the symlink about to be created should be possible and not very time consuming, shouldn't it? That would be the solution to prevent dupes on re-upload. The the only problem left is to find the reason for dupe creation on initial upload.

Last edited by mantonio1965; 04-10-2014 at 07:45 AM.
mantonio1965 is offline   Reply With Quote