View Single Post
Old 08-31-2002, 08:35 PM  
JimUK

Arrow

Right - I've got Zonealarm on, and 1 file has just worked OK. This could be a fluke so until it downloads a few in a row OK I'm not 100% sure this has fixed it.

Changes I have made since the problem first occured (I think it might be the last one that fixed it).

Downloaded 3 Windows XP Updates (now fully updated). I regulary do this normally but I've been busy with FTPing !

XP updates where:

Q326830: Security Update (Windows XP)
Q323172: Security Update (Windows XP)
Q323759: August, 2002 Cumulative Patch for Internet Explorer 6 (Windows XP)

Enabled FlashFXP to have server rights (within ZA Pro). This is strange because normally if a program needs server rights it will request them and you will see a message from ZA.

FYI I am using the following software:

Flash FXP v2.0 RC2 (build 869) - Registered.

Windows XP Pro (all updates installed).

ZoneAlarm Pro v3.0.134 - the following are my ZA Pro settings/info:

Turevector v3.0.134
Driver version v3.0.134
Gateway enforcement is enabled

FlashFXP can access all ports in both Internet & Trusted Zones for Access & Server.

Privacy for FlashFXP is disabled (why enable it, it is not a browser!).

Bypass lock is enabled (I do not think this will have any significance).

All software (FlashFXP, WinXP, ZoneAlarm) are fully up to date as of 1st September 2002.

If you have similar ZA problems with FlashFXP I suggest you try the ZA config I have above, and all product updates for your OS.

If you still have problems then post full details of your OS, FlashFXP version and ZoneAlarm version (state wether free version or Pro).

Also it might be a good idea to send this info to ZoneLabs (the makers of ZA). If enough people do this then the problem will be resolved by either ZoneLabs or FlashFXP, or both parties if it's a combination.

I appreciate the support work the guys on here do (they have faces).

ZoneLabs don't have faces - so the more they get reports of these problems the more they are likely to look into them.

Regards

Jim