View Single Post
Old 08-31-2002, 07:17 PM  
JimUK

Right,

I transferred 2 x 20 meg RAR files from 2 different servers with ZoneAlarm disabled and they both worked (suprise, suprise!).

But this still doesn't tell me if the problem is with FlashFXP or ZoneAlarm Pro.

For instance, how come CuteFTP works OK ? They are basically sending the same commands to the server are they not ?

I chose FlashFXP because it seems a more usable program and has better options.

I still believe there must be a solution/workaround that could be done at the FlashFXP side of things.

I've read some Google posts and see this appears to be a problem with FTP/software firewalls in general. This includes the likes of Microsoft's XP "Firewall" and ZoneAlarm. I disabled Microsoft's XP firewall on the day of installing XP as I wouldn't trust Microsoft with anything.

I have not seen any info on ZoneAlarm's site regarding any compatibility issues.

Do you guys recommend a software firewall that works ? One that I could try ?

I definitely recommend that you post a common thread (or possibly a warning when buying FlashFXP) for users of ZoneAlarm as it is quite a popular product.

I still do not know which side the problem lies with - like I said, I've never ever had a problem with ZA.