View Single Post
Old 08-31-2002, 05:58 PM  
JimUK

Angry

Thanks for quick reply. I'll give you credit for that.

I am using Zone Alarm.

So you are advising me as a workaround to turn off my firewall ? Open up my Windoze PC to the scary people on the internet ?

Now I can see where this is leading to (the usual way Support departments deal with problems) - you're blaming ZoneAlarm.

And I guess if I contact ZoneAlarm they'll blame you.

Well I must state that I've been using ZoneAlarm for 2 years and I've never ever had a problem using any other software that uses the net. This includes your rivals (e.g. CuteFTP) and all sorts of programs from file sharing apps, browsers & FTP servers.

If I were a gambling man I'd place a bet on the problem being at your end.

Please explain in technical terms (I am a programmer/savvy PC user) how ZoneAlarm is clashing with FlashFXP when I have given FlashFXP ALL Zonealarm privelages on all ports ?

I cannot believe that turning off my firewall is being given to me as advice. This is of not benefit to me or my security at all. This is just a simple solution for the coders of FlashFXP so they don't have to investiagate the real issue.

Of course, if you can provide me with a more technical response I might be persuaded to believe the problem is ZoneAlarm, and I will contact them with this information.

Until then I'm going to leave the ball in your court.