View Single Post
Old 10-16-2002, 02:33 PM  
Grey

Default Re: Re: Some suggestions...

Quote:
Originally posted by bigstar
FlashFXP was not designed strictly as a personal ftp client, people use FlashFXP in a multi-user enviroment and hidding the password is a must. Newer versions offer even greater security by password protecting the entire application. when password protection is activated you can freely view your passwords at any time.
As it's currently configured, I have no master password set, and cannot view passwords in my Site Manager.

The options seem a little backward to me. If somebody really wants the security for a multi-user environment, they can set the Master Password which fully protects outside access to the Site Manager. However, this configuration allows passwords to be unmasked.

But anyone who doesn't want the security is not able to view their passwords. What's the point? Anybody who wanted to know my passwords could come along, set a Master Password, see my Site Manager passwords, then delete the Master Password. Since this configuration isn't secure to begin with, why mask them in the Site Mangager at all?

If you displayed Site Manger passwords for users who don't have a master password, wouldn't that make everybody happy?