View Single Post
Old 09-30-2010, 11:19 PM  
DayCuts

Default Two things with RC2 (1487)

1. Non-interactive queue remaining time.

Not sure if this is by design, but the queue remaining time no longer updates interactively during the transfer of a file. I noticed this while performing an FXP transfer so have not tested if this is the same for uploads and downloads. The value is updated only when a file transfer finishes, and no longer take the progress of the current file (and possible change of speed) into consideration as it used to. (this is not a specific change to this build but i only just noticed it)

2. Possible unnecessary SIZE/MLST.

When transferring files (in this case FXP) i noticed that if the file exists SIZE/MLST checks are performed. However the files were already identical on both sites aside from the timestamps. I have no file exists rules defined anywhere to compare date and equal files are defined to skip. The 'Request file size/date prior to transfer' is enabled... however i feel this should be a little more intuitive. With no matching rules to compare date, and the file lists from each site already confirming the items were identical in size, it seems quite redundant to perform the SIZE/MLST commands at all, and should just skip the files.