View Single Post
Old 09-17-2010, 01:22 PM  
Yil
Too much time...

I'll see if I can take a deeper look this weekend. If the IDNT PRE event isn't firing then it's like the server never got the message. At the moment my best guess is that it looks like the BNC send the IDNT command before the server sent the hello message (which is technically wrong) but I can't see it making a difference since it would just get buffered until read, but perhaps it does...

I've got another idea! Are you using implicit SSL connections anywhere ('Explicit_Encryption' not set to True?) I.e. the connection immediately enables SSL before any data (even the hello message) is sent? That would account for what is going on since the SSL handshake would fail which is why you see the read failure for what looks like a broken connection and the IDNT PRE event never firing since it never got to process any commands...

Update: Hmm, I just looked at your posted config above and it looks fine, but still worth a double check that no strange characters hiding in there...

Update2: Since you were able to use RAW mode with PuTTY you aren't using implicit SSL at least on the ioFTPD side...

Last edited by Yil; 09-17-2010 at 02:00 PM.
Yil is offline   Reply With Quote