View Single Post
Old 09-16-2010, 11:10 PM  
Yil
Too much time...

opcode: Man, microsoft is so annoying... I use the Unix like telnet from cygwin, and well that works like it's supposed to! It seems the telnet client I suggested you enable is completely broken somehow. My guess is it's sending multi-char characters or something stupid like that because I get the same behavior you do which makes no sense at all... Perhaps you can try to find a free windows based telnet client (though you'll want to actually use it in raw mode as the FTP isn't a telnet server and thus won't respond correctly to custom telnet stuff).

BoNeZz: If you are comparing the crypto speeds of 5.8.5 vs 7.5.9 there are two huge differences. 5.8.5 up to 7.3.3 used the MS encryption library and were limited to 128bit algorithms. 7.4+ uses OpenSSL and has support for 256bit ciphers and a whole range of new algorithms. I don't think one is much faster than the other at AES128 but there is no guarantee you are trying to use that when comparing the speeds for both versions... What kind of machine are you using this on?

OpenSSL doesn't care about any installed certificates on the machine, just the files in the /system directory it creates so any old certs installed in the registry by the MS encryption stuff don't matter.
Yil is offline   Reply With Quote