View Single Post
Old 09-16-2010, 12:05 AM  
Yil
Too much time...

opcode: Interesting tidbit on the pasv port range info. I've never seen a config that didn't use a simple x-y range before, so it's possible there was some issue with 4 individual ports or the fact that it was so few meant way more port starvation problems with timeouts, etc that exposed some other rare behavior elsewhere. Glad you got it working, but I really should look into that a bit now that it's narrowed down to something easier to test locally.

Can you confirm which version you are using? I broke the IDNT command in v7.5.0 and fixed it in v7.5.1 after pion noticed it but maybe I missed something else. I suppose an option to record failed/rejected IDNT commands isn't a bad thing to add as a configurable option which might shed some light on what's going on so I might add that in the future. For now I'd double check that BNC_HOST_1 is actually defined for the service users are connecting through since it's service specific and you may have defined more that one service in the config file or put it in the wrong place when updating the file. If all else fails you could write a trivial TCL script or use something like "args" (included below, use "IDNT = EXEC ..\scripts\args.exe" under [FTP_Pre-Command_Events]) to log/view the actual command to make sure it looks correct...

NOTE: The server will reject otherwise valid IDNT commands from BNCs where the IP address provided is a non-routable address like 127.*, 192.168.*, etc. This is a security measure as these should always be able to connect directly and are often used in hostmasks of Master accounts.

The way symlinks are handled is controlled via the 'Keep_Links_In_Paths' option. If not enabled then PWD will always display the true path and not the symlink'd path. This also means that CDUP, CWD .., etc will work on the real path as well though so CWD /dump, CDUP, wont put you at / but /public/incoming. Not a big deal unless you browse /sorted type dirs and expect to end up back there after entering a subdir. I've made a note to look into allowing each symlink to control how it should be handled for the best of both worlds in the future...
Attached Files
File Type: zip args.1.1.0.zip (1.4 KB, 7 views)
Yil is offline   Reply With Quote