View Single Post
Old 08-29-2010, 01:20 PM  
Yil
Too much time...

I misspoke in the previous post with respect to [vfs read]. I changed [vfs write] to reject attempts to SET the high order bits a while ago, but that was because I was testing the [resolve list] function (which is supposed to expose those extra bits) and it was causing issues in the virtual dir test script I posted a while ago somewhere. That's when I decided to let the extra bits stay, but only for the [resolve list] function and documented that.

I do remember discovering that [vfs dir] also exposed those bits months later and figured nobody was using that new command yet so I just made a note to update the iTCL doc file so it would act the same as [resolve list], but I never did or the change was lost somehow because it's not in the file or in the Changelog.

On the other hand, I either never figured out [vfs read] needed updating (which is odd), or the trivial change to strip the bits got lost along with the note to update the [vfs dir] docs. I'm with you, changing [vfs read] behavior isn't something I'd want happening either but I can't figure out why I didn't update the docs OR revert the behavior since I do remember discovering the issue months after it went live...
Yil is offline   Reply With Quote