View Single Post
Old 08-13-2010, 08:06 PM  
Yil
Too much time...

opcode: I think we can usually ignore any MS dll's so the two interesting ones to me are:

avsda.dll AntiVir layered service provider Avira GmbH 10.0.0.7
mdnsNSP.dll Bonjour Namespace Provider Apple Inc. 2.0.2.0

I have zero clue what the Apple thing does but it comes with iTunes and probably tries to fake out DNS replies, and I assume the other is part of your anti-virus. My guess is it must have some sort of internet filtering, spyware checking, etc component that is distinct from the actual anti-virus piece. Perhaps you can see if you can disable that for a bit? I know NOD32, which is a really nice anti-virus app, had an internet piece in v3 that was broken (though it took them a long time to acknowledge that) and ioFTPD hated it. My guess is you are looking at the same problem. Since you seem to have issues in a matter of hours disabling just the internet piece to see if that makes it happy shouldn't be too hard.

If anyone else is running Avira (?) as their A/V solution please chime in if it's working for you...

Disappearing files is kinda weird, but can happen if the zipscript ran into an error since ioFTPD would delete the file in that case. However it seems somewhat unlikely since it works for others...

Regarding the potential of a bad disk. You'll want to view the SMART details on your drive to see how healthy it is. My favorite is Hard Disk Sentinel because it's the only one that I've found that can read the SMART data off most USB external drives.

The "550 Active transfer in progress, terminate transfer with ABOR before proceeding." problem has been seen before. In your case the log looks kind of odd, can you check the logfile to see if a line got dropped?

[1] CPSV
[1] 227 Entering Passive Mode (my,public,ip,adress,0,24)
[2] PORT my,public,ip,adress,0,24
[2] 200 PORT command successful.
[1] STOR testfiles.r14
[1] 550 testfiles.r14: No such file or directory.
[i] Transfer failed: testfiles.r14
[1] 227 Entering Passive Mode (my,public,ip,adress,1,187)

The last line doesn't seem tied to a new PASV/CPSV command. I'm not really concerned about it at this point since v7.6 has had a lot of that associated code re-written but it would be interesting if it was just a dropped line or an indication of a bug in ioFTPD...
Yil is offline   Reply With Quote