View Single Post
Old 08-10-2010, 06:22 AM  
opcode

You are right about "site swho". i forgot that i set "site who" to be an alias of "site swho", because it gives me more information.
I have a site command "site ver" that just shows a a textfile with the current version (so i always know which version i have atm) and the .bak of that file says 7.5.8 so i am fairly confident that i updated from 7.5.8. to 7.5.9.

I only use ioFTPD for personal downloads (auto sfv check, mp3/imdb sorting etc is just soo much more convenient) and to be able to easily send stuff to friends. So usually there are about 3 logins with different uploads from me and maybe 1 other user downloading something. My friends usually ask me if they can download smth, so i am rather sure noone else was using the ftpd at that moment. Before upgrading to 7.5.9. i never had a single crash like that before, and i've been using io for years now.
Also the server is usually not under heavy load or any load at all, because my transfers often fail then (when the load is too high it often can't setup the connection in time making my transfers either timeout on that file and hang or even worse fail that file, then try to transfer the others which all fail with an "active adress is currently in use" error. which leaves me with a whole mess of failed files and stuff). Long story short, i try to not have any load on the box while transferring. Also i've seen the ftpd die while browsing on the box, and it did not have any significant load/slowdown at that moment.

The only problems i have when logging in is usually after i start ioFTPD. It often fails the ident check for some reason. If i leave the pc for like 5 mins and then try again it works. Usually connecting via localhost works first, then connecting via the dyndns hostname works aswell. It can't be my ftp client, because all other ftps that require ident work just fine.

I use a rather lean setup, the only scripts i use are ioNinja (v0.8.9.6b Released 2009-06-29), nxTools (1.2.1) and esmNewdir (version 0.70 (2005.11.02); i used it years ago as releasedb. nowadays nxTools is the primary db but i still keep esmNewdir around because it contains all these 10yr old directories incase i ever need to look something up).

I hope that information helps a bit.
opcode is offline   Reply With Quote