View Single Post
Old 06-23-2010, 11:00 PM  
Yil
Too much time...

exjoe: Timestamps on files/directories in Unix-style directory listings (which is what list/stat return) are of the format MonthName Day Time provided the item is under 6 months old, after that the format is MonthName Day Year. Your FTP client isn't handling things correctly as any Unix server will do the same thing. You could try using the -T argument via LIST -alT or STAT -alT which prints the time in a slightly different format that is the same no matter the age of the file to see if that helps. The upcoming v7.6 should allow you to "default" some list/stat options per session if your client doesn't allow you to specify them...

Regarding the mountpoints. Check logs/Error.log for error messages. During .vfs file processing the server will complain if it can't access mountpoints. You might see lines like "VFS WARNING: file '%s', line #%u has a real path that is invalid (error = %ws): %s" which indicates the directory doesn't exist or didn't have access...

Assuming that doesn't lead you to a solution make sure you try running the server as a regular process instead of a service. It seems mighty suspicious to me that you can see Dir2 but not Dir1 and both look like private user directories. Ditto for Dir6 but not Dir7 which could be different users. No explanation for why Dir5 but not Dir4 though... I'd also like to verify that these directories are "simple" dirs, i.e. they aren't NTFS junctions / mountpoints / etc...

Check perms via dir properties->security->advanced and check out the effect perms for your user account if what you see doesn't make sense...
Yil is offline   Reply With Quote