View Single Post
Old 04-25-2010, 02:56 PM  
Yil
Too much time...

pion: I walked away and then realized I forgot to mention 2 things in my last post. Attaching a debugger to a running process can cause it to crash/fail. I haven't had this happen to me, but I read that it can. It's also possible that Application Verifier and you attaching windbg manually are not a good combo since AV uses windbg underneath to report the stack trace on errors found. Thus your recent problems trying to attach to the process might be solved if you disable AV. However, I'd let AV run and only attach windbg after it's already locked up... If you do want to run it under windbg all the time it's better to use the "Open executable" feature and then hit F5. Starting under the debugger instead of attaching to a running process is safer.

For the record however, the stuck process was in libmysql at the time it got stuck. The main thread was fine this time, but 2 worker threads only gave me partial stack traces but both were waiting for reads from the database. It looks like this was in a different read function but I presume this is from a process after encryption was turned off so it would be different. You might be able to enable that again...

I'm going to have to get to the bottom of why libmysql is having issues, especially in your custom version, but it is...
Yil is offline   Reply With Quote