View Single Post
Old 04-21-2010, 02:00 PM  
Yil
Too much time...

pion: Just to double check are you using 7.4.2? The previous versions had a bug where it could drop the client right after/during negotiation which would look a lot like the first problem you listed in your latest post.

AUTH SSL and AUTH TLS are the same PROVIDED you haven't set the "Encryption_Protocol" option in the .ini file for the Service. If you have then you are limited to that protocol only... Can you double check that line is commented out? ioFTPD should be smart enough to not advertise/accept protocols it doesn't support, but right now it just ignore the argument to AUTH. The .ini option definitely controls what is allowed though. And AUTH TLS or SSL appeared to work for me locally, but I'll try some other clients!

It really does take a while to enter, enumerate all files/folders, read and parse the .ioFTPD file to get permissions and apply them to files and to figure out if the directory is an ioFTPD symbolic link or not. The only shortcut here is to disable sizing of directories in which case it goes straight to the .ioFTPD file to get only the perms and symbolic link target in each subdir. In the future perhaps I can provide a cache file and store it in directories with large fanouts or something, but for the moment on startup you're kinda stuck waiting for a while for the first listing in large dirs... I will double check that a directory lock isn't being held longer than necessary by the preloader though. I did do some profiling on this, and it's almost entirely disk limited. It just takes windows/NTFS a long time to open and enumerate all the dirs.

I know it sounds weird, but try DELAY=True. That enables a special multi-threaded directory scan that does a lot of things in parallel. It's actually MUCH MUCH faster if you have multiple drives. And as a bonus the server won't respond until it's actually ready which means it looks offline for 2 minutes but is immediately usable instead of answering right away but really won't do anything for 5 minutes using your numbers.
Yil is offline   Reply With Quote