View Single Post
Old 06-10-2010, 11:45 AM  
X3

I actually voted it would be nice, because it would bring ffxp alongside with what all sorts of other clients but either way I look at this the fact remains no matter how manny connections or files I have uploading at same time the upload or download speed is still finite, which means once you max out your connection the speed is divided by each active connection until it makes up the total.

It would be even nicer if the ftp protocol itself got a overall.

as far as ffxp goes, a recode from scratch is a big undertaking as is a new version with significant improvements and additions already takes enough time, if there was another coder working on a rewrite a newer more modern ffxp could be realised, but peeps seem to forget that this is a one developer only job and if he was only developing 8 hours a day, with breaks that's 10 hours add support time, emails, admin, forums + real live and other jobs that need doing there is literally no time in 24 hours to achieve.

I would say in the next year to two years that we'll see a massive improvement. Theres more ways to skin a cat.