View Single Post
Old 03-03-2010, 09:28 AM  
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer

SFTP was implemented using a component package from Eldos called SecureBlackBox, this component provided a solid and viable solution and enabled us to provide SFTP support in FlashFXP. Without it I can honestly say SFTP would still be on the to-do list.

You can't really compare SFTP which is a protocol to multi-threading which requires changes to the entire product from the ground up.

Yes, we are all overworked but we do it because its what we love to do. There are never enough hours in the day and time is not on our side. There's only so much that we can accomplish per release and its never enough for us. But sadly a time comes where we must stop adding new features and get the product ready for a stable release, After which the whole cycle repeats.

Multi-threaded transfer support is still on our to-do list, but I can honestly say I have no idea when we'll get to it.

Several years ago we came up with this idea that v4.0 would be a complete rewrite, At first I was excited but then after a couple months of research and eventually realizing that FlashFXP contains over a half a million lines of code (649,033 lines to be exact) that this would be an enourmous undertaking. At this point I do believe that a rewrite is very unlikely, but that doesn't mean we're giving up on multi-threaded transfers.