View Single Post
Old 03-03-2010, 06:35 AM  
leo77

Default Multi-Threading... yes, Again!

OK I know this has been brought up 100 times already...

I know it's on the 'to do' list... (and has been for years)

But I'm bringing up multi-threading yet again, because of this :

SFTP has now been implemented in the beta. In the past whenever somebody requested SFTP then typical replies were "yeah yeah it will require a whole rewrite of the code, then we'll get multi-threading etc etc" and whenever somebody in the past asked about multi-threading then typical replies were "yeah yeah it will require a whole rewrite of the code, then we'll get SFTP etc etc"

So here we are with SFTP, and yet still no multi-threading! I love FlashFXP and have been using it for so many years, but when I need to upload a LOT of files then I need to open up FileZilla... Why, after all these years, do I still need to open up a free open-source program to do a job that my preferred paid FTP client just can't handle efficiently? I know the staff here must obviously be overworked and underpaid otherwise it would have been done already (and why I never complained in the past) but now that we have SFTP, surely now is the time for multi-threading!

Last but certainly not least, think about it this way : If I can upload with 5 threads, my task can be finished 5 times faster. That means I get more time in my day! There is no other feature that can guarantee MORE TIME IN OUR DAYS! So that seems like a massively important feature, I can't imagine what else in the 'to do' list could be more important than giving us all MORE TIME IN OUR DAYS!

ps. this post's Poll doesn't seem to work.

Last edited by leo77; 03-03-2010 at 06:40 AM.