View Single Post
Old 02-05-2010, 01:37 PM  
Yil
Too much time...

o_dog: Interesting... [resolve list] uses the directory listing logic which means it has a wealth of information not available to TCL directly before, but it doesn't have access to anything more than the core code does. The big issue is that the current .ioFTPD file entry structure just doesn't keep transfer stat information. I would agree that it makes a lot of sense for it to do so though. In fact, when you manually delete a file it's supposed to alter a user's stats and it can't properly adjust the time field used to compute a user's average speed because it doesn't have enough data so it's technically a bug too.

So the short answer is the info you want just isn't available right now. The longer answer is it may be possible in the future as there is some unused/reserved space for each file entry in the .ioFTPD file itself that could be made to store that info right now without affecting anything at all. I've already started using that space for the directory entry itself to store the alternate timestamp although that isn't actually being set/looked up by anything yet.

On a more general note. Is there anything besides a way to get the file upload speed (I'll probably keep total transfer time instead of speed) that you think is important to keep on a per-file basis? For instance, I'm still itching for a download counter so I can get an idea of popular stuff.
Yil is offline   Reply With Quote