View Single Post
Old 01-25-2010, 12:14 AM  
Yil
Too much time...

I don't think the lockup issue has anything to do with fxp specifically. However I think I might have mentioned that the MS encryption library uses a ref count on the number of encryption contexts still open so you can't unload the dll while it's still in use. It also seems to register/de-register itself a lot as some sort of crypto provider which makes sense but might be causing issues as both of those actions require acquiring the lock that gets stuck. Because openSSL is a simple library I'm hoping it won't do anything like that. Therefore I think I can say that the more SSL connections opened and closed the higher the chances of locking up. I'd really like to hear from someone who has the problem and doesn't use encryption at all. That would tell me I'm looking in the wrong place...

I should mention that external scripts (either via EXEC or called from inside TCL scripts) appear to be necessary to see this problem. I don't think anyone running a plain non-script server has locked up with the newer versions. On the other hand, the sites that really abuse ioFTPD all use scripts so it's hard to call that as well...
Yil is offline   Reply With Quote