Thread: 426 error
View Single Post
Old 01-01-2010, 09:05 PM  
Yil
Too much time...

Going to need a bunch more data... First, is ioFTPD giving that 426 error message or drFTPD? I have never seen a windows machine spit out that error before...

Pay particular attention to the IP being returned in PASV responses when dealing with a local machine. I often enable the "use local IP" option in clients when connecting via a 192.168 or 127.* style address because I only configured one device in ioFTPD and that uses the external IP/host so everyone else sees the external IP. I'm not sure what address your client may use when you try to FXP but it's possible it's giving out the non-routable 192.168 address or whatever.

Are you trying to SSL FXP? Was SSCP setup correctly? Tried setting the alternate up/down modes so it switches the port/pasv roles when transferring files to get things to work in the other direction?

Is this an older version of io? Pre v7 or whatever did that have annoying FXP SSL bug which some version of SSL (in particular the one used by java/drftpd) triggered more often but that came up as the annoying Overlapped issue not the error you mentioned, but it's worth a double check.
Yil is offline   Reply With Quote