View Single Post
Old 08-28-2009, 07:13 AM  
X3

Exclamation

Mat

I looked at the Dialogues and while you have to admit the logic is somewhat similar because there is not too many ways if at all possible of doing the same the whole design is by far more complete in both options and flexibility with ffxp then what you show from you program.

Its good that you think that smartftp is setting the standards in the ftp market however its not the case with every single option and ui that anyone comes up with otherwise its like the chicken or the egg case here since their both FTP clients then at some stage similarities will occur because the lot of FTP client and server are limited... Claiming someone has stolen your design is while serious clearly unfounded since by extension UI and option on the whole dialogue are clearly not the same.

There is always the scenario you have to look at since FFXP is as much as a ftp client as SmartFTP and its a little off to think just because something is similar than it must be ripped off.

I could sift trough dozens of FTP clients and claim they are all the same fundamentally so who stole who's ideas?

I'm a designer and on field on the internet is more saturated by ideas that originality is almost impossible we use same techniques and inspire ourselves in others work to achieve what we need but we not at each others throats or in court just because we done a shine or reflection or design that has similar elements in it, it would just stop evolution if we all stopped improving.

I a sad day when more grief has to be had for such coincidental and inevitable clashes occur, shame really.