View Single Post
Old 09-25-2008, 05:18 PM  
Yil
Too much time...

Hmm, I'd say that indicates that there's a problem and/or memory corruption issue if you connect to the server really quickly and perhaps overrun the 10 pre-allocated incoming sockets. If things have issues as often as you indicate this should be reproducible and hence easy to find/debug.

The test3/test4 case sure sounds a lot like my lockup issue but I could never trigger this on demand. If lots of connections to the server will do this then we might be onto something. The bad news is, I'm not sure this isn't a MS bug in the winsock library because I cannot access or acquire the lock directly that appears to get stuck...

Great detail there exitwin98. I'll see what I can do to reproduce the problem.

If you want to learn more, grab the appverifier program from MS (it's a free download) and set it up to watch ioFTPD.exe. This catches a large number of memory corruption and library errors. It does have a performance impact, but isn't that bad, however is will use lots of memory in order to play some tricks to keep performance acceptable which can suck on small memory machines.
Yil is offline   Reply With Quote