Thread: ioFTPD + MDTM
View Single Post
Old 07-23-2008, 01:07 AM  
mrlexo

Default ioFTPD + MDTM

I have noticed that timestamps on files that are uploaded to my server are preserved using MDTM, and I do not want this to happen. I want to be able to log in to my ftp and be able to tell when dirs/files were uploaded by looking at their timestamps. It seems that this happens when the ftprush ftp client is used, flashfxp does not do this.

For example, if I FXP or direct upload a file with timestamp of 7/15/1999, the file will have that same timestamp on the server and will be displayed in the ftp client when listing the directory. I notice that in my ftprush window this log message;

[1] MDTM 20080623032718 testfile.mp3
[1] 253 Date/time changed okay.

Is there a way to prevent this from happening? I don't recall this being an issue with earlier versions of ioFTPD like 5.8.5r. I am currently using the latest version which I believe is v6.6.1. Do I even need this MDTM feature? I cannot find a way to disable it in ioFTPD or ftprush. It is very annoying to say the least...

Thanks in advance for your help, I am hoping it's just a simple misconfiguration on my part.
mrlexo is offline   Reply With Quote