View Single Post
Old 05-27-2008, 04:35 PM  
Yil
Too much time...

jeza: wrote a nice reply to you but the forum went down for maintenance and it got lost... The short version: Shared memory isn't going anywhere, although it's not a complete interface because getting stuff like configured sections, vfs info, etc isn't possible right now but if someone proposes an extension I'll happily add it. As far as sitebots go, everything can already be done via iTCL, the only question is does the iTCL directly provide the information or do scripts still have to parse ioFTPD config files. It's the latter I want to get rid of.

pion: don't think so. I know glftpd supports that, but it has to do some extra checks to make sure the upload is still making progress, etc. Seems like a lot of work. On the other hand, if the problem is you are fxping files that are still being sent and thus arriving incomplete, it would make sense to go the other direction and prohibit downloading of files being uploaded altogether. That would make far more sense especially since I can see zipscripts adding or subtracting .nfo files from a zip which could completely corrupt a file that had been partially transmitted before the change and the rest after...
Yil is offline   Reply With Quote