View Single Post
Old 05-25-2008, 02:54 AM  
Yil
Too much time...

Default .ioFTPD.message

I've been poking around scripts and noticed that nxTools can be setup to do some really cool things with the %[execute] cookie. I expect things like oneline messages, latest dirs, etc to go in the Welcome file, but others like listing the requests or section rules probably went into various .ioFTPD.message files. Unfortunately I just broke that because I've disallowed cookie processing in those files. I was only thinking of zipscripts, at the time, and the potential problems they pose writing to .ioFTPD.message. Because of those problems I won't be re-enabling that feature. I also thought the parsing and caching of hundreds or thousands of .diz/.nfo/sample/etc extracts that get stuffed into .ioFTPD.message files was stupid which happens because of the cookie parsing.

I expect I'll return the functionality by automatically showing a new filename like .ioFTPD.cwd which will have cookie parsing enabled and be shown whenever someone enters the directory. Right before the text of ioFTPD.message is displayed. If anyone knows of any situation where this won't be sufficient speak up now

As I mentioned in the v6.5 discussion thread, I'm looking at ways to eliminate or at least reduce configuration of the server and the duplication of data. For example I'd like to make site free support in sitebots not need to know about physical paths/sections. I'll probably add a new site command to provide all this dynamically since the server clearly knows where everything is. Once I figure out what disk spanning fits in hehe...

For those of you who use nxTools with a sitebot do you use Alcobot with the nxTools module for your sitebot? ioNinja looks like it has some nxTools supports and it calls and loads some Alcobot libraries but doesn't use the module. Just sort of taking a poll, what configuration are people using it in and why?
Yil is offline   Reply With Quote