View Single Post
Old 05-09-2008, 09:20 PM  
adamnp

Post Slow FTP uploads to my Xbox

Hi,

I hope someone will be able to help me solve my long-standing issue with transferring files to my Xbox.

First, some background info. I'm using the latest version of FlashFXP, my dashboard is XBMC (latest T3ch build), and my Xbox is connected to my PC through my Apple Airport Extreme router.

What happens is this: When I attempt to transfer a large file (typically >500MB) to my Xbox the transfer speed will constantly fluctuate between 0.0KB/s and ~2.0MB/s. For example, it might start out at 1.0MB/s and slowly increase until it gets to around the 2MB mark, then it will slowly work its way down to 0.0KB/s -- or around 1MB/s -- and then back up again. The whole process repeats itself until the file finishes, and it doesn't always finish, sometimes it will fail at different points in the transfer.

I've already done some research online. I've made sure passive mode was disabled in the site manager and I also tried adjusting the TCP/IP buffer size to no avail. I also discovered that when I FTP files to my Xbox using Windows Explorer in Windows Vista, it seems to take just as long. Unfortunately, it doesn't report the speed. I don't have another PC to try it from.

Any ideas what could be causing my problem? Thanks in advance.