View Single Post
Old 01-13-2008, 03:54 PM  
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer

On friday I discovered and resolved a issue regarding slashes, sometimes it would leaveout or double up the slashes preventing the change to occur, especially locally.. i.e. C:\windowssystem\ instead of C:\windows\system.. This has been resolved.

SB doesn't check to see if you're in root before issuing a CDUP, I suppose for situations where root is / or \ then we can check for this and simply do nothing.

all SB changes need to be relative to a similar point on both sides. If one side is / and the other is /bin/ and you want to change into /bin/tmp then you'll end up with /tmp on the other side. this is the desired effect based on the design, although it may be an unexpected result.

SB via the listview only needs relative paths, SB via other methods require absolute paths for most changes, we could mix absolute and relative paths for some path changes but I'm not sure if this is such a big deal, it just adds to the complexity of the methods.

As far as the other issues you've encountered I have not experienced or been able to reproduce them, though they may be related to the above mentioned bug fix.

Quote:
Finnal views: It seems that when adding support for SB through the dropdown list (or maybe in earlier betas and i missed it?) that some of the behavioral logic with the already existing click navigation method of SB were altered.
I'm not sure what you're referring to here, none of the original logic has changed apart from removing a check that made sure a folder existed before trying to change to it, however that was removed because a folder may exist but the listing cached and simply not see it.

Quote:
IMO, the new dropdown list support for SB should not have changed the old click style SB behavior (why change what was not broken), and should have instead mimic'd the existing click style SB behavior as much as possible (not falling back on CDUP or CWD commands that will knowingly fail (or be mute) 99% of the time).
I'm not entirely sure what you're referring to here. Are you saying that you'd rather SB via dropdown use CDUP when needed instead of absolute paths, or use CWD ../../myfolder instead of /path/to/myfolder when possible?

Edit: The more I use SB the more I feel that perhaps SB should simply disable if a path change can't be sync'd.
I'd love to extend the option and features in future versions, we simply ran out of time for this release.

Last edited by bigstar; 01-13-2008 at 05:05 PM.