View Single Post
Old 03-20-2008, 12:23 PM  
Yil
Too much time...

It depends since you can still do things that don't require you to acquire the loader lock.

Thus you can login (provided you don't have an ident in your hostmask since ident lookup will fail) since the sockets for this were pre-allocated. You can't get directory listings (except via stat -l perhaps) or transfer files though because those require new sockets.

You can't issue any command that ends up creating a process so simple tcl scripts might work, but external processes will just hang.

Site shutdown doesn't work.

Site crashnow amazingly doesn't work either and that's how you can tell you have this problem. It appears that exception handling or simply opening a text file acquires the loader lock ! I specifically wrote the exception handler to not attempt any function in the early part of the routine that is documented to acquire the loader lock. Thus I do no process address lookups, dll loading, etc... All of that was done ahead of time for just this reason and yet I still can't get around this problem.

Basically after a while the process totally locks up, and only killing it from the task manager will cause it to exit.
Yil is offline   Reply With Quote