View Single Post
Old 11-18-2007, 08:15 PM  
Yil
Too much time...

Flow: That's a new one to me. The address is so low it's beneath ioFTPD as well as any system library I know of so that's not much help. It's possible ioFTPD started before something it depended on and got really confused so it never even got to install the crash handlers. As a service though, after 30 seconds or something it probably should have auto-restarted if it really did die.

If you use the lame service installer I wrote it makes ioFTPD dependent on a couple of subsystems like TCP, etc during bootup. Perhaps there is another one it needs and you found a rare race condition. Library functions don't document their dependencies so it kinda sucks trying to figure out what is needed... This might also be a version issue as well with the dependencies where XP differs from 2003/vista. I've got ioFTPD running under XP and 2003 and perhaps 50-60 reboots later no issues that I've seen so it can't be common.

6.4 will probably deal with drive spanning (which really can't be handled by a script), and drives running out of space since I haven't seen scripts deal with this well. I also think I'm going to add pre/post processing for site commands like regular commands have. This should allow scripters to provide finer grained control and/or verify arguments if necessary. I've also got a couple of cool ideas for new features but we'll have to see about those.
Yil is offline   Reply With Quote