View Single Post
Old 10-25-2007, 02:07 PM  
antifreeze

Default fxp: site to site

* FlashFXP v[3].[40], build [1145 ], [x]registered, [ ]unregistered, [ ]pirated
* OS [ ] Vista, [ ] WinXP, [x] Win2K, [ ] Win98, [ ] WinME, [ ] Other (explain)
* Running behind NAT/router [ ] Yes & Model [ ], [x] No, [ ] Not sure
* Running firewall [x] Yes, Name [Outpost], Ver. [40971], or [ ] No
* Running Antivirus [x] Yes, Name [NOD32] or [ ] No
* Network [ ] xDSL, [x] CABLE, [ ] Dail-Up, [ ] Other

The whole reason I bought FlashFXP was because it was the first client I came across which said it supported site to site transfer, and that was something I needed at the time. However, it wasn't until I bought it that I realised the ftp sites themselves have to support 'fxp' transfers (I thought it was a new evolution of the ftp protocol).

My webhost is running the latest version of cpanel (which handles the ftp access I think). I have two web accounts on the same host (different servers though). I have never been able to FXP between the two accounts. It gives the error:

[R] 500 I won't open a connection to 85.13.*.* (only to 212.40.*.*)

In the FAQ section of FlashFXP help, it reads:

Q: When trying to transfer files from one site to another I keep getting this error 500 illegal port command.

A: The FTP Server is set up to not allow or doesn't support FXP. Located in the Site Manager on the Advanced tab, you will find the option "alternative fxp method". By enabling upload/download (depending on the direction of the transfer), you may be able to get the server to allow FXP. Note: It is common for some sites to only allow FXP in one direction and not the other. By enabling alternative fxp method, this problem is sometimes solved.

I do not see that option anywhere though. I have v3.4.0 (1145). Is there nothing I can do within the program to make the fxp transfers work? I do not want to change webhost.

If I can't get the fxp transfer to work then I am going to buy AceFTP pro, because it has more advanced file collision rules (regarding my other recent post). And to be honest, I'm a little annoyed that fxp transfer's dependency on servers wasn't more clearly stated before I bought FlashFXP.

Cheers.

Last edited by antifreeze; 10-25-2007 at 03:44 PM.