View Single Post
Old 09-09-2007, 06:24 PM  
Yil
Too much time...

Yup, that's almost definitely the problem. That was literally one of the very first changes I ever made to the source so I could use purify to try to find the 4k .ioftpd corruption issue. At the time I thought the name to address mappings were just for debugging purposes. I didn't realize the resolving procedure address was exported to modules who could use it and then make calls... I do remember searching the sources though

I'll get that fixed for 6.3 as well as a source update then. You have two short term solutions. In the very latest releases (6.2.2+?) I really am using malloc/free/realloc so just ignore the getproc result and use the actual addresses... In fact using 6.2.3 which doesn't trap exceptions and generate the c:\ioftpd.crash.log file might be a nice help during development.

The other option is to just use the released 6.1 sources and remove the #ifdef around the registering of the memory routines. I ended up changing the IoMemory.h file very shortly after commenting those out way back when and there is no need now for those functions to not be exported.
Yil is offline   Reply With Quote