View Single Post
Old 10-09-2007, 09:24 PM  
mr_F

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yil View Post
mr_F: I'll play around with it, but just want to make sure you're running under the same user account you deleted the directory with in explorer and that it was a local dir. Ditto for the source dirs. Unlocker/procexp coming up clean is good. I was thinking google desktop or some other indexing app was running around in the background trying to index stuff.

Oh! Just had an idea. Do you have show hidden files turned on AND Hide protected operating system files turned OFF? I'm betting there is a thumbs.db file or something that you can't see in the directory. ioFTPD sees that the directory isn't empty and bails. That's probably a bug. Assuming that is the only entry besides .ioFTPD* files it should treat the directory as empty and let it be deleted...
yil:
sorry it took me so long, but yes it was the same user that is running ioftpd that i deleted the directory under in explorer -- and the directory is indeed a local directory.

furthermore i created a directory that after access contained a thumb.db, and alternatively, a folder with a desktop.ini. you are correct, ioftpd could not delete either of these under both circumstances: that hidden system files were visible and invisible.

after further testing, it appears that any file that is not the .ioftpd file which contains the 'hidden' attribute is undeletable by ioftpd, even if visible in the dir listing:

The following file was visible in dir listing, but contained the 'hidden' attribute:
[20:21:12] [L] DELE 35071068.JPG
[20:21:12] [L] 550 35071068.JPG: No such file or directory.

after removing the attribute with SSH:
[20:22:07] [L] DELE 35071068.JPG
[20:22:07] [L] 250 DELE command successful.

it might be OS specific to Vista, not sure. i hope my findings help you

-mr_F