View Single Post
Old 09-26-2007, 10:55 PM  
Yil
Too much time...

mr_F: I'll play around with it, but just want to make sure you're running under the same user account you deleted the directory with in explorer and that it was a local dir. Ditto for the source dirs. Unlocker/procexp coming up clean is good. I was thinking google desktop or some other indexing app was running around in the background trying to index stuff.

Oh! Just had an idea. Do you have show hidden files turned on AND Hide protected operating system files turned OFF? I'm betting there is a thumbs.db file or something that you can't see in the directory. ioFTPD sees that the directory isn't empty and bails. That's probably a bug. Assuming that is the only entry besides .ioFTPD* files it should treat the directory as empty and let it be deleted...

oldhouse: nope, got me. What does the service event log show? If you use "netstat -a" do you see the port in use? Does "netstat -ab" show the right executable and pid? Go grab tcpview.exe from Microsoft (it used to be a sysinternals app) for a much simpler interface than netstat to view the details... Think up as many things as you can to help define what is going on better.

Last edited by Yil; 09-26-2007 at 11:10 PM.