View Single Post
Old 09-26-2007, 04:01 AM  
PSA9

Yil i see that i am going to run into a problem and i want to know if this workaround will or will not work.

when i log into my FTP these are the only things that will ever be seen at the main

_INCOMPLETE
_SORTED
-=[REQUEST]=-
Applications
Books
Games
Movies
Music
Music Videos

3 750gb, 3 400gb, and 1 300gb will be used. a old method i used in the .VFS was like say
X:Movies /Movies
Y:Movies /Movies

this worked fine if downloading only but as u know uploading would only goto say the Y drive. this problem has been talked about before, but i never seen anyone talk of a solution to this or if its going to be fixed. so i would like to know if this workaround would work, or if u could add support to make it work.

X:/Movies /Movies/DVDR
Y:/Movies /Movies/HDDVD

while i do know its possible to do that, what i dont know is if say i was to upload something to the DVDR folder if it would send it to the X drive? if not can u add support for this?

MY Next ? is SSL, since i am running a 64 bit vista, would i have to make a 64 bit cert, or is SSL not dependent on 32 bit or 64 bit and would work same as vista 32 bit? either way can u direct me to where to read on how to make certs for Vista!
i read this in ioftpd.ini
Quote:
Don't set min higher than 128 or non-Vista FTP clients not built with openSSL
with that being said, if i set to 256, will non-vista users using FlashFXP would or would not be able to connect? i dont want anyone connecting without flashFXP, and if their was a serious need, i could always exempt just those users from need SSL to login!