View Single Post
Old 09-21-2007, 06:01 PM  
PSA9

Angry

Yil i can't for the life remember the password i have set on USER 0.
what is the password in? i mean is it a hex value or what exactly could i use to read it.
i have copied the password in USER 1 and put in USER 0 and yes i did restart ioFTPD.
but it was a no go. if u claim that this was supposed to work i then ask about getting
banned. i renamed USER 0 from ioFTPD to Admin but i taught u put in code to keep from getting ioFTPD banned. is the code for that targeted toware USER 0 or ioFTPD. please help me fix.

due to other problems i have had with ioFTPD, like couldn't upload unless was from a Master Account, couldn't complete releases, etc which i believe was partly to do with the old bad .ioFTPD files, i doing a complete new 4tb transfer over the next week or two. this will be a great test on a Windows Vista Ultimate x64 PC. i feel this is the least used OS for ioFTPD. not saying vista not used but the 64bit version i am talking of. and no i dont have these problems anymore since i doing fresh install and transfer.

Some suggestions i would love to see done right in ioFTPD are #1 their is FLAGS M, 1, 3 but their is no 2. what should be changed to a standard is to ad a 2 and change the way 3 works.

1 = Downloading yes
1 = Uploading yes

2 = Downloading yes
2 = Uploading no

3 = Downloading no
3 = Uploading no

this would give Users with 1 flag to upload and download, users with 2 flag to be able to download but not upload and users with a 3 flag just a look account. or

1 = Downloading yes
1 = Uploading yes

2 = Downloading yes
2 = Uploading yes but only dir that others started

3 = Downloading yes
3 = Uploading no

this way would leave the current default u set Yil, but add 2 to almost mirror 1, except unlike flag 1 where u can create a dir and upload into it, 2 would not be able to create a dir. the purpose would be they could help complete incomplete stuff only.

#2 STUFF like tcl84t.dll, ioFTPD dont use the current somethings to keep scripts working, but that is not good. i suggest upgrading to newest stuff as long as they are stable releases and let the script makers upgrade their scripts to work with the newly updated stuff same way that Tuff did say with ioSFV. if users dont like that they dont have to upgrade ioFTPD.

#3 i dont like how if say No_SubDir_Sizing = True is not used u comment it out. it should be
No_SubDir_Sizing = True
or
No_SubDir_Sizing = False