View Single Post
Old 08-18-2007, 12:55 AM  
Zer0Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunk View Post
A setup like Overwrite = */foo.nfo * would really imply that everyone would be able to overwrite a file named foo.nfo in any directory, which is not the case now unless using a master account.

Even with *!, a master account is still able to overwrite files..
Yes, Overwrite = */foo.nfo * should imply that everyone would be able to overwrite a file named foo.nfo in any directory. Though with Overwrite = * !* not even the master account can overwrite anything, unless you put an allowing rule above it.

I'm not sure how darkone intended for Overwrite permissions to work. As far as I know, Master accounts (M) and vfs admins (V) have hardcoded rights to modify the vfs, or at least something hardcoded that let them circumvent certain restrictions, as all the hardcoded flags have.

With these rules M and V can overwrite foo.nfo but nothing else:
Overwrite = */foo.nfo *
Overwrite = !*

So at least THAT works. After further testing not even Overwrite = * * gives a regular user overwrite permissions (though users now can overwrite their own files), so I guess something in the source checks against those hardcoded properties of the M and V flag too, not only the Overwrite option in ini.

I guess some changes have to be made to fix this, and preferably changing Overwrite behaviour to work as intended and adding something like OverwriteOwn to reflect the way Overwrite currently works.

/ZR