View Single Post
Old 08-17-2007, 05:49 PM  
PSA9

Lightbulb

Now Tuff while i am saying this, i had a request for your ioSFV which u didn't feel was needed! Its just u ask to not modify your script. I modified it and hope that is ok with u? but just to say it may have been useful to some while others it wouldn't. so i asked to see if others would like. on a FTP topsite, the request would be useless, while on a home FTP site it can be very useful. i do both so i do know! Running a FTP on a Computer used in a Streaming environment my request is highly used, so i know how thunk feels bout his problem.

My ioSFV 1.56 Modified adds for my streaming enviroment needs. 99.9% of the time a mp3 is .bad is when programs like Windows media player edits the tag info when the song is done. this has no effect on the song itself but it will make the mp3 not sfv anymore. while true scene members like me really care about getting the orginal one that does sfv, a normal friend visting your home would look at u crazy if u tried to explain that. so when people are at u home and streaming music u have two options for .bad files. #1 rename the .bad files so they work, or #2 the easiest way is to set the ftp and streaming box, like say Xbox Media Center, etc, to the same paths. have ioSFV rename .bad files to .bad except for the files u dont want to end in .bad like say .mp3 etc. so instead of a .bad .mp3 being .mp3.bad i have it set to .mp3-(bad).mp3 and for the people that is going to bash and say that is pointless, its cause u never used a streaming box, burn cds, or have a ipod. with it having a rename as such u can still see the bad files, while also not having to rename .bad files to be able to burn a cd, transfer to ipod, or stream to streaming box. All of which can not read a .bad file. some mp3 releases may take a good while to find one that will sfv but i want to be able to hear the song. so .zip, .rar files do not get effected by my addon to the script, but i have it set to do so for, .mp3 for music, .avi .m2v .mpg for music videos, .pdf for books.

from config if u turn my addon off, ioSFV works as normal, if on, it works for file types u choose and it barely takes any space to add this. say 5 lines at most!

I have added something else though that i wouldn't ask to be added as it really is useless to most! i have a complex FTP which is modified from a topsite way. instead of having xbox, ps2, dvdr, etc in main i have mine set up as such.

_INCOMPLETE
Applications THIS SECTION is mixed with 0-day and ISO
Books THIS SECTION has stuff like game guides
Games THIS SECTION has xbox, xbox 360, ps1, ps2, ps3, psp, dreamcast, pc games, etc.
Movies THIS SECTION has DVDR, xvid, etc
Music THIS SECTION has mp3 only but seperated by genre, ex rap, rock, contry, etc
Music Videos THIS SECTION is setup like mp3

the normal way that incomplete folders gets made is really nice but while i have a very very complex FTP it makes it hard to know everything that is incomplete. so while ioSFV makes a INCOMPLETE folder in the parent dir, it makes the same folders inside the _INCOMPLETE folder at main. the differnce is when u goto the Music dir in say rap, u only see the incomplete mp3 albums in that section, while if u go into the _INCOMPLETE folder at main u see everything that is INCOMPLETE on the site. apps, books, games, movies, music, etc all in a abc order. and when peeps are on the site they can quickly see if they have files to help complete them. like i said for the ones that think its useless atleast ask me to log into my FTP and see if its really nice or useless!!!