View Single Post
Old 07-20-2007, 05:43 AM  
DJAndre

Hi,

I decided to give "disable PASV mode" one more shot. It worked great my second time around. I think the first time it failed, I must have misunderstood it as maybe a problem with the connection to the server or something (normally I like to call it "Internet funkiness" when that happens).

I was able to complete my transfer of my files to the server without any hiccups or delays. I think from now on, I'll just save that setting for that particular site/server to be PASV disabled, so I don't have anymore issues with that site/server.

Million thanks! Consider this problems solved for now...

For another person reading this, the way I am able to disable "Use Passive mode" is by the following steps:
  • first open Site Manager (F4 or Sites > Site Manager) Make sure to save your site under the folder FlashFXP Sites in the right column. (Tip: if its a Quick Connect site, you can drag and drop the site into the FlashFXP Sites folder directory).
  • Click the site on the left column so it gets highlighted.
  • click on the Options tab.
  • make sure to completely uncheck (square shows empty) the following setting: "Use Passive mode".
  • click on Apply.
  • Then you can either close it or click on Connect to go to your site.
  • keep in mind this setting will stay this way until you decide to enable Passive Mode again.

If anyone has a faster or quicker way to do this, please let us know. Thanks in advance.

App: FlashFXP 4.4.3 (build 2029) [registered]
Router: Linksys WRT54G build 5
Firewall: COMODO
Anti-Virus: AVAST
Network: Broadband
ISP: cox.net

Last edited by DJAndre; 07-20-2007 at 05:52 AM. Reason: corrected some misspelling and grammar