View Single Post
Old 06-02-2007, 03:39 AM  
antifreeze

Thanks for your replies.

Further information:

WebBuilder has a built-in ftp option that I've never used before. If I upload an edited php file using its own internal ftp capability, I don't get this error. So this is the best solution for me at the moment. Actually, this does improve my workflow a lot! The only potential problem is that the process is too seamless; with several files open at once in webBuilder, I could easily edit and save a 'live file' by mistake, thinking it was a local file!

As for deleting the extra carriage returns, I have found a way to do it in the 'search and replace' function, so I'll just fix the files quickly as I come across them; I only edited about 10 before I noticed this problem.

I think this issue needs to be looked at by the FlashFXP devs. Somewhere between clicking 'edit' in the menu, downloading a temporary file and then uploading the edited version, these extra carriage returns are being inserted into the file. I'm fairly sure that it is FlashFXP doing this, rather than the editor, although more testing would be required to be certain. I'm using version 3.4.0 (build 1145).

Cheers.

Last edited by antifreeze; 06-02-2007 at 08:39 AM.