View Single Post
Old 06-12-2007, 02:19 PM  
void4ever

I used the old database share program someone made years ago for IO. I can't even remember what it was called anymore. It works fairly well despite having no real feature set. Just copying user files between sites. It worked off a sql database.

I think getting away from the database is key if possible. Storing everything in userfiles like suggested would be awesome. Also making sure there was a local copy of everything on each site is also a must, just in case the master is offline for any reason. Which in that case adding a flag of some sort to denote shared vs local in the userfile. The same should be true for groups.

Personally i think any userfile flaged for sharing should also share stats between sites, but maybe the way to do it would be as follows.
Site 1 = 500
Site 2 = 500
Total = 1000
That way it's still possible to track per site and get an over all view. I don't know how hard that would be to code though.

I also think credits should be shared for any user file flagged for sharing. It just makes sense, i mean people have made those credit transfer scripts in the past. This would end all that.

As far as a local user being able to join a shared group i don't see why not. At the very least give the admin the choice.

As far as should there be a master site, personally i could go either way on that. It would be cool if your iogui program could act as the master itself, so no site was a slave or master. Of course this would require the admin to keep the program running at all times, unless uploaded to the box where a site is running (but still a seaprate process).

One thing that would rock is the ability to sync between glFTPD and ioFTPD. I don't know if thats possible but just throwing it out there.

Thats all i can think of now, i've been out of the admin scene for a few years and just recently returned. :P so i'm behind.

Void4ever
void4ever is offline   Reply With Quote