View Single Post
Old 07-03-2007, 01:17 AM  
Zer0Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by whocarez2k5
I did a complete new clean setup (no scripts) checked every option 2 times to see difference with "broken" server, edited everything in wordpad, but when walking true the config i noticed a few minor things that are double imo
Under Permissions

I dunno why this is but i guess some settings are double in the config and the part that is named as example need to be marked with # or am i wrong?
To just say broken server is unfortunately not very helpful. There are alot of things that, when configged the wrong way, can make ioFTPD unable to start, or that will spit out error when you try to log in.

Those lines with permissions are not duplicates or anything like that because the first set of rules set permissions for /Incoming/* and then there are som general rules that apply to everything besides incoming dir. The first rules only apply IF there is a dir called incoming, of course.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whocarez2k5
[...]

*update*
Dunno if it's allready there but maybe a good idea to add a clean.registry file to ioFTPD because i think there lies my problem. i checked registry on ioFTPD items and there are a bunch of reg settings in winXP. I dunno which 1 to remove to get a clean start for io to setup.
Because when i unpack io6.1.14 and don't make any changes at all and hit the ioFTPD-Start.exe i mostly get winsock errors and io also says password in correct?¿?¿ that is strange for me because the very first time i run io it worked like a charm but now it just won't, and when i open ioftpd.ini 1 time and only change port for example i can't connect at all and it keeps giving me the error in previous posts
As far as I know ioFTPD itself doesn't set a single entry in the registry. If you find anything about ioFTPD there it's either windows own way of keeping track of which files you recently edited and ioGUI needs to keep track of a couple of things. ioGUI is not a part of ioFTPD itself. And ioGUI is not required in order to get ioFTPD to run.

And certain settings in ioFTPD, like changing service port, you actually have to restart ioFTPD before the new settings take effect. Most changes only reguire config rehash though.

/ZR