View Single Post
Old 07-22-2002, 06:19 AM  
bigstar
FlashFXP Developer

Quote:
Originally posted by chip
1) Once you disconnect, from a site who's location/name has recently changed in the database, shouldn't "reconnecting" be affected by this limitation as well?
When you reconnect using the "reconnect to" feature some of the information is kept in memory and no validation is done to insure the site exists in the site manager.
Quote:
2) Its not, so if the site can be "found" to reconnect, which means the site infomation is stored in memory, shouldnt you be able to transfer files then as well?
no, as stated above. Not all information is stored in memory, when transferring files some of this information that is required isn't availible.
Quote:
Regardless, I believe you should be able to detect if the site name/location was changed as soon as you que'd files, correct?
When this happens, it doesn't seem like it would be hard to apply a quick functionality fix, possibly prompt for the new site location/name?
If the files were queued and then the site was renamed/moved then maybe something could be done. I will look into this.

The user isn't prompted for the new site because the site may have been deleted, also I think most users wouldn't have a clue as to what just happened and why the site wasn't found in the first place. Which is why I recommend editing the queue items as explained above.