View Single Post
Old 04-14-2007, 08:35 AM  
Yil
Too much time...

Hey spirit. Couple of quick things. The only difference between 6.0.4 and 6.0.3 in terms of functionality is the No_SubDir_Sizing option. Since you have that enabled there really is a lot of differences in how things are handled with regards to caching subdirectories. I'd definitely try 6.0.3 first to make sure the problem goes away. If it does, then find out if 6.0.4 with Sizing OFF also doesn't have a problem. Then turn it on and see if the problem returns.

In theory the entire caching logic depends on the directory timestamp. Can you confirm for me that the directory that contains the missing subdirs is having it's timestamp updated whenever something in the directory is modified? I recently saw a drive with errors where the timestamp wasn't being updated for some reason and ioFTPD was getting confused. That's an OS/drive issue though since that is clearly the wrong behavior.

IMDB, progress, etc are updated via external scripts. But is the Sample directory you are also noticing missing uploaded? If so, then that indicates a different place for me to look for a solution.

I'll take a look at the caching logic again in a few days, but for now 6.0.3 is my suggestion...

carpo: I have no clue what is loaded at those addresses but it isn't ioFTPD code. Could be system libraries or 3rd party modules that get loaded in...

I recently got my hands on 2 bad .ioFTPD files that crash ioFTPD v5 or v6. Using these to see how and why I was able to modify the logic so ioFTPD shouldn't crash even on really bad .ioFTPD files anymore.