View Single Post
Old 04-09-2007, 03:59 PM  
Yil
Too much time...

LordM: Turn on timestamping in the logfile for FlashFXP. It's possible right now that if you wander into a really big directory especially if it's remotely mounted that it could take more than 2 minutes to generate a directory listing (the first time only as it caches all the answers) and FlashFXP disconnects thinking the server is dead... There is actually an option in FlashFXP for this timeout so try setting it from 2 to like 5 if this turns out to be the problem.

I had what I hope is a breakthrough idea to cheat and lookup info from the .ioFTPD files myself for subdirectories without actually processing the directory as happens now. This should make a substantial difference for large servers but you won't get directory sizes in listings anymore if you turn the option on.

Hey tuff, since I'm actually parsing the .ioFTPD files myself now I'm noticing a potential problem. You only have roughly 4060 bytes for the entire combined FileContext for the directory. Thus whether you use one 3500 byte entry or two 2000 bytes entries you should be OK, but I think you're headed for failure with three 2000 byte entries... It also appears that while files can have filecontexts none of them actually get saved to the .ioFTPD file so just the directory is available. I think I mistakenly communicated to you that any file can have a file context and while that's true they aren't persistent...

The good news is I understand the file format now so can change it. If people need more space then I might just increase the blocking factor from 4k to 16k or write code to save/restore file contexts for files. Changes might break compatibility with older versions though so once you upgrade you wouldn't be able to downgrade ioFTPD again so I'll prefer to get feedback on this so we only do this change once...