View Single Post
Old 11-22-2006, 05:50 AM  
bfranker

Default "Login authentication failed" when trying at GoDaddy?

Hello!

I've done the searches and read the FAQ and have found nothing so it appears my problem is not common but I sure can't figure it out!

I am considering switching to FlashFXP but can't even get connected for the main FTP I use. I have uninstalled the program then reinstalled and no go. First time I had checked the box for the Windows Firewall. I couldn't get it to work then realized that I don't use the Windows Firewall so reinstalled and unchecked it. Still didn't work. I have another FTP site that I connect to so I tried to login on that site and it WORKED so it is not a problem with a firewall on my end.

I am connecting to my GoDaddy site just fine with CuteFTP 4.0 but I can't connect with FlashFXP. I have tried to connect via the IP address as well as the www address with the same results. Here is the message I am getting. I've edited out personal info..

[R] Connecting to GoDaddy -> IP=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxxPORT=21
[R] Connected to GoDaddy
[R] 220---------- Welcome to Pure-FTPd [privsep] [TLS] ----------
[R] 220-You are user number 1 of 50 allowed.
[R] 220-Local time is now 03:42. Server port: 21.
[R] 220-This is a private system - No anonymous login
[R] 220 You will be disconnected after 3 minutes of inactivity.
[R] USER xxxxxx
[R] 331 User xxxxxx OK. Password required
[R] PASS (hidden)
[R] 530 Login authentication failed
[R] Connection failed
[R] Delaying for 120 seconds before reconnect attempt #1
[R] Retry attempt Aborted

It looks like the password or username is not good but, trust me, I've retyped them 10 times and even did a text dump of the login info from my CuteFTP account and copy-n-pasted it and still the same results. Username and password are correct but something is up. Any ideas??? This looks nice and I'd like to use it but if I can't even connect to my site... well... doesn't do me much good

Thanks!

* FlashFXP v[3.4.0].[ ], build [1145 ], [ ]registered, [x]unregistered, [ ]pirated
* OS [x] WinXP, [ ] Win2K, [ ] Win98, [ ] WinME, [ ] Other
* Running behind NAT/router [x] Yes & Model [Belkin], [ ] No, [ ] Not sure
* Running firewall [x] Yes, Name [Zone Alarm Security Suite], Ver. [6.5.737.000 ], or [ ] No
* Running Antivirus [x] Yes, Name [Norton AntiVirus via Norton SystemWorks 2006] or [ ] No
* Network [ ] xDSL, [x] CABLE, [ ] Dail-Up, [ ] Other