View Single Post
Old 06-23-2006, 04:22 AM  
DayCuts

It seems to me that taking such an action will result in one of two basic outcomes, neither of which would be desired.

Pursuing such a class action suit could and almost certainly would, at best, result in huge further delays of the projects developement due to the huge demand on time, money and resources it would put on IniCom Networks. Not only would it impack on ioFTPd but it would also have significant impack on other projects managed by IniCom. At worst? well it could stop developement permanently and potentially put IniCom out of business.

The other way it could go is it could force IniCom to push out a final as quick as possible just for the sake of getting it out, and i think we all know what happens when developers of any software try to do that.

I can certainly understand your feelings for it taking so long, but im sure it was made clear at the time you purchased the beta that you were infact contributing to its developement and helping it keep alive, not buying an already complete product. (you should concider it a bonus that the plan has always been to give the final to the contributers once it is stable and ready)

Obviously you are a big fan of the project itself, otherwise you'd use something else and not be getting so frustrated about it all.

Maybe instead of wasting your time on legal action you should offer some help with the project itself.
DayCuts is offline   Reply With Quote