View Single Post
Old 06-11-2006, 05:47 PM  
neoxed
Too much time...

You can't see the forest through the tree. Meaning that you need to step back and look at the broader perspective of things.

Any company has to manage and balance their resources effectively, or they won’t be business for very long. ioFTPD generates little income for IniCom, therefore little time is spent on it. The majority of their efforts are focused on other projects…projects that do pay the bills.

I understand your frustration, but personally, I think you’re blaming the wrong entity. Darkone promised IniCom, and the ioFTPD community, to deliver the long awaited v1.0 release. Instead, he delivered a vastly incomplete and barely functioning core, took his paycheck, and disappeared for reasons unknown. IniCom is just as frustrated as the rest of us are, so try to be a little more sympathetic and considerate. IniCom still works on ioFTPD, but not with the resources they would like to (due to reasons stated above).

One thing I don’t understand is seeking gain for “consumer fraud”, as you call it. You purchased a product and you received it, transaction complete. How exactly were you defrauded? Nowhere in ioFTPD’s license agreement does it state you are entitled to future releases; IniCom provides them free of charge.

Before contacting a lawyer, did you make an effort to contact IniCom directly (e-mail, phone, etc.)? Since you’re unsatisfied with the product, did you ask IniCom if they have a return policy?

Disclaimer: My views in no way reflect those of IniCom’s, it’s just my take on the situation.

P.S. I split this from the previous thread, since it was unrelated.

Last edited by neoxed; 06-11-2006 at 06:02 PM.
neoxed is offline   Reply With Quote